Monday, March 30, 2009

BLESSED!

Just got back from working an Emmaus Walk last night~ and all I have to say is WOW I AM BLESSED!!!!

I left for Camp illiana in Washington Thurs around 1:00 and got home last night like 6:30!!! I took off today -which is always a smart move---dont get to much sleep there -- but I got it today-went to bed at 8:30 and first got up at 2:30 !! I guess I needed it!!!

I was a Warden along with 4 other girls! We had a BLAST!!! We were in charge of decorating the dining hall every meal-yep breakfast-dinner and supper---1 was better than other. We had a spa theme-lemon and pear theme-pink theme which was geared toward our lay director who is a cancer survivor-needless-to-say she was touched!!! then we had 50's night!! Oh My talk about FUN!!! EVERYONE- had fun!! I was soo glad Jason and Carter got to be there to serve that night-they made sudaes... We had hamburgers-fries- rootbeer floats and then we the wardens took orders for the sundaes! We had on Poodle skirts-and all the other garb to go with it!! it was a BLAST!!! I made a ton of new Christian friends and seen A LOT of lives changed!! Mine was even changed!!!! Thank you Lord!!!!! Team 38 A will ALWAYS be SPECIAL to me!!! Thanks to all of my friends and family who sent cards-came to serve or just offered prayer---it meant A LOT---you will never know....ANYONE interested in going---let me know--you will never be the same again!! Love to you and May God Bless you as he has me!!

PS As I was gone on the walk little Garett Chanley passed away----he was very sick -- please keep his family in your prayers....Their faith is AMAZING--- but he was buried today and I know every little prayer helps!!! thanks!

GOD IS SOOOOOO GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

wow! sounds like a great weekend! glad you got caught up on some zzzz's!

Lauren said...

Awesome! Thanks for serving, Amy!

Kris said...

Sounds like you had a great time Amy. I had a great time when I worked a walk and would go back in a second! It is exhausting but so worth it.
Thanks for being the hands and feet of Christ Amy. He will bless you for it.
God is good all the time!!!!!

Shannon said...

Hey Amy!
Missing you!
Hope you, Jason, and Carter have a blessed week!
Love you and thankful for your sweet friendship in my life:)